I have been thinking all day about what to write for today. In fact, I fell asleep not once but twice just thinking of something worth writing for. Then by chance, I was tagged with a video in facebook that really caught my attention. The video was made by Tatay Tox and was awarded the most popular short film during the 2006 Berlin Film Festival. The video can be found here http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=101816953176556 (I can't find the codes to embed the video)
Initially, you will find nothing different or significant about this short film that would merit such an accolade. Until you reach the 2:14 marker, all you will see is a typical scene in a busy fast food restaurant. The proceeding scenes however, will be familiar. Yes, familiar. In fact, I bet that you already know how this film ends but find you will still find it hard to accept the reality of it.
In my previous blog, I was rambling about my present situation. I am 38 but my mid-life crisis came two years earlier. However, this short film gave me some prospective. It made me realize that where I am is still way better off than those in the short film and yet they seem happier than I am. Perhaps, I reached a point where I took for granted the simplest things in life that brings happiness like having a home-coked meal, a warm and soft place to sleep, a warm bath and the love and devotion of a wonderful wife.
Perhaps, this is a way for God to make me appreciate the simpler things in life. Perhaps, this is His way of getting me close to Him again for I became proud and arrogant.
Being up in the air made me forget about the people down below. Now that I am aground, I am starting to remember the best things in life are the simplest.
No comments:
Post a Comment